Follow-up Sequences Overview
Follow-ups are e-mails that allow you to keep track of a conversation. They are especially useful for the Sales Department of a company, because once a salesperson sends a proposal, you can automate the process of obtaining a response through a chain of e-mails that are sent successively on the days and times previously determined.
Thus, you increase the chances of getting a reply (accepting or not the proposal) and avoid doing it manually day by day.
How to use follow-up sequences:
1.- Go to your dashboard, click on "Follow Ups" and then on "New sequence":
2.- Compose the first e-mail and configure it:
- What will be the trigger that activates the sequence: when you haven't replied, when you haven't opened the e-mail or always.
- How many days you should wait to send the e-mail: this is important to see how much push you want to do.
- At what time to send it.
3.- If you wish, add one more e-mail as a reminder:
- You can click on "Preview" to see how the e-mail will look.
- If you have a drafted template, you can include it at this point.
- When you are done, click on "Save sequence".
4.- Go back to Gmail, click on the "Follow-ups" icon and choose the sequence you want to use:
5.- Once you have activated it, the "Attach sequence" icon will light up green:
6.- For your peace of mind, you can check the sending status of the sequence and stop the e-mails at any time from the "E-mails" section in "Follow Ups":